Sesame Coconut Ginger cookies



I seem to have long gone from baking and blogging isn't it?

My love for cookies comes naturally from the fact that I love to experiment basic ingredients that are available off the shelf and at all times at home. The thought process of baking these cookies has been in mind for a very very long time. I have told you about the blog LFE isnt it? A few reads into her recipes and you would know she has been using coconut oil in most of her bakes.
Coconut oil as such has never been my favourite oil for it leaves behind a taste. Dont give me those looks. I know I hail from "God's won Country" and all that but I never really liked cooking with this oil. Of course the oil came into play when I prepared traditional Kerala dishes otherwise it just lay around.

This time, I mustered some courage and decided to bake with coconut oil. I knew the lingering taste would be camouflaged with use of egg. Why did I chose sesame and ginger? Do your remember this post of mine? You could call these cookies a close relative. Sesame and ginger go well to keep the cold of your body in this erratic climate conditions.

These cookies turned out a winner for me because, K exclaimed " Oh! They don't chocolate? But they are good and I love these cookies". And I am a happy mommy.

On the other hand I have just about begun another blog here to keep writing non cooking related posts. Do hop in and say Hi.


Ingredients
Egg                                                      1
Coconut Oil                                         20 ml
Whole Wheat Flour                             150 gms
Powdered Sugar                                  100 gms (Reduce if you are on the lower side of sweet tolerance)
Dry Ginger                                          50 gms
Roasted Coconut                                 50 gms
Roasted Black Til                               10 gms
Baking Powder                                   1/2 tsp
Baking Soda                                        1/4 tsp

My way of making
1. Sift together Whole Wheat Flour, baking powder and baking soda.
2. To this add the roasted til and roasted coconut. Combine well till incorporated.
3. Pulse ginger into powder.
4. In a separate bowl whisk together egg, sugar and coconut oil.
5. To this add ginger powder and mix well.
6. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine well.
7. Preheat oven to 180C and bake cookies in a cookie tray for about 20 minutes or till brown edges appear.
8. Leave on a wired rack to cool.
9. They harden as they cool so do not over bake.

Notes
1. You could omit egg and replace with yogurt.
2. Any vegetable oil can be used instead of coconut oil. Since there was roasted coconut, coconut oil blend well and the taste did not linger on.
3.Keep a watch for the timing as it could vary from oven to oven.

Comments

  1. I love to experiment with stuff lying in my shelf too, and have come up with so many random recipes .. this one so , is a keeper really !! Am so craving for cookies right now, on my list for the weekend


    First time on your Blog, so glad to follow you :.. Stay in touch :)

    Love,
    Nupur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nupur,

      Thank you for passing by and the wonderful comments. :) You have an amazing blog there. And the pictures are drool worthy.

      Will keep in touch .

      Regards,
      Vidya

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts