Whole wheat Flour - 1 cup approx 120 gms
Granulated Sugar - 1/2 cup for the sweet buds 1/4 cup otherwise
Sliced Almond - 1/2 cup
Salt - a pinch
Cardamom - 1/2 tsp - omit if you do not prefer
Curd - 1/4 cup
Softened Butter - 1/4 cup
Dry Ginger - 3/4 tsp
Coconut Shreds - 1/4 cup
Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp - omit for soft cookies
My way of making
1. Blend together flour, sugar and rest of the ingredients with softened butter and curd until a crumble textured flour mix is formed.
2. Knead the mix till a soft ball is formed. Keep it refrigerated for some 30 minutes.
3. Pre heat the oven to 180 C or 360 F.
4. Pinch out small balls(flatten them if you would prefer well shaped cookies) and lay them well spaced on a cookie tray and bake them for about 15- 20 minutes depending on your oven conditions. Mine was done in 20 minutes. Keep a watch from 15 minutes.
5. Enjoy some lip smacking cookies along with tea/milk/coffee once cookies are cooled down to room temperature.
1. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup butter. I replaced it with 1/4 cup curd and 1/4 cup butter. If using salted butter ignore the salt in the recipe
2. Wonder why there is salt in the recipe. Its actually acts as an agent that increases the sweetness of the cookies.
3. If you want a spicy version add some cinnamon powder to it. Oh well that could make my next cookie baking :).
4. Top it with some cashews, almonds or pistachios as per your taste.