Almond Coconut Flour Cookies

Coconut Almond Flour Gluten Free cookies
Coconut Almond Flour Gluten Free cookies

Couple of months ago I had bought these almond flour and coconut flour from Urban Platter through Amazon in the hope that I would bake a gluten free cake some day as an experiment. But then I chose to go with a ready mix for the same when I got an order. For the uninitiated I sometimes get into baking cakes cupcakes for friends and family as part time home baker at Bangalore.

While I was wondering when I would place my hands on these flours to get baking with them I did a random search to land up on Kathryne's page called CookieandKate . I was assured this is the recipe I must try to get a hang of how these flours work together to get those perfect gluten free cookies. 
I have kept the measurements the same except that I have used an egg and some organic brown sugar in place of oil and maple syrup/honey respectively.

For an egg free version you could check the link  here.

For a version with egg follow the recipe below.

Ingredients
Quantity
Almond flour
¾ cup
Coconut flour
¼ cup
Baking soda
1 tsp
Salt
½ tsp
Cinnamon(optional)
1 tsp
Egg room temperature
1
Brown sugar
½ cup
Vanilla extract                   
1 tsp
Dark choco chips
1 cup


My way of making 

1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C and prepare a cookie tray. Use a good quality parchment paper
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon if using . Crack in egg, brown sugar, and vanilla extract, and mix thoroughly. Stir in the chocolate.
3. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes to 2 hours in the refrigerator . Scoop the dough using an ice cream scoop into the cookie tray.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. For egg free version bake for 15 minutes. Every oven behaves different. Watch out for a golden colour. 
5. Let them cool on the tray for about 10 minutes. Do not be tempted to grab them off  the tray for they will still be soft. They will firm up as they cool in some 1 hour.
 6. Relish them with some ginger tea. 


Coconut Almond Flour Gluten Free cookies
Coconut Almond Flour Gluten Free cookies

Comments

Popular Posts