Theres no big deal to this simple recipe. Since I was short of time and I had to figure out something for dinner, I put together few eggs, bit of spices, and used up left over coconut milk. This goes well with Palappams as well.
Boiled Eggs - 3 Nos
Onions - 1 Medium Sized thinly sliced
Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
Tomato - 1 thinly sliced
Coriander Leaves - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Green Chillies - 2 to 3 finely chopped / as per taste
Curry Leaves - One sprig
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala -2 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt - as per taste
My way of making
1. Saute onions, ginger garlic, tomatoes, green chillies,curry leaves and coriander in medium flame. The ingredients have to be added and saute one at a time.
2. To this add turmeric powder and garam masala and saute till you get a wet masala consistency.
3. Bring in the boiled eggs. You could lightly make some diagonal cuts on the egg or cut them into quarters/halfs and add them to the wet masala.
4. Cover and simmer for two three minutes.
5. Once the masalas are evenly spread, check for salt and pour in the Coconut milk and simmer only for few seconds.
6. Garnish with some curry leaves or coriander leaves.
1. This is a last minute fix recipe, not the traditional way of preparing Egg curry in coconut milk.
2. You could add some boiled potatoes along with boiled eggs.
3. Do not mix the eggs and masala with a spoon or spatula, egg would break and not retain shape.